Department of Heating, Ventilation
and Dust Removal Technology
PL | EN
baner

History

The origins of Department of Heating, Ventilation and Dust Removal Technology date back to the 1945 year, when in autumn at the Faculty of Engineering and Building Construction a new Department of Waterworks and Sewage, Heating and Airing was established. It was led by Prof. Eliasz Zielski, who came to Gliwice from Lwów and was the first person in Poland to be honored with PhD in the field of Heating and Ventilation. The first location of the Department was the flat on the ground floor of Czestochowska 6th Street.
Later on, the department was changing names and address many times. Today's name - Department of Heating, Ventilation and Dust Removal Technology is in use since 1991. The Department is one of eight units of the Faculty of Energy and Environmental Engineering which was founded in 1993.

In the past the department was led by:

  • Prof. Eliasz Zielski (1945-1953),
  • Prof. Tadeusz Chlipalski (1953-1969),
  • Prof. Jerzy Zieliński (1969-1971),
  • Prof. Stanisław Mierzwiński (1971-1994).
  • Prof. Zbigniew Popiołek (1994-2013).
  • Prof. Zbigniew Trzeciakiewicz (2013-2015)

The present director is Prof. Jan Kaczmarczyk.